Australia Post EBA9 go to site...
The CEO has offered a “One Team Reward” Read the Full Update>
- EBA9 - Members have 3 Issues to Consider Read More>
- MEMBERS MEETING - Saturday, March 4th, 12 Noon
- Union Office, 75 Melville Road, Brunswick West.
Overtime: is Telstra being “reasonable”?
The CWU is
continuing to receive calls from members about the implementation of overtime
rosters (or forced overtime) in Customer Service Delivery.
Of particular concern are recent reports from Victoria of management threatening to “write up” employees (i.e. threatening disciplinary action) when they have informed management that they are not available for overtime on a particular day.
All CWU members are reminded of the following:
- Telstra may require you to do “reasonable” overtime.
- You may refuse to do overtime if you believe Telstra’s request is unreasonable or if your refusal is reasonable.
- Requiring you to perform additional hours that are not “reasonable” is a breach of the Enterprise Agreement – and of the Fair Work Act.
- So is disregarding your decision not to work overtime, if your refusal is reasonable.
Threats and intimidation over this issue are arguably a form of workplace bullying and can also be a breach of your workplace rights ie adverse action. Such threats should be reported immediately to the Victorian Branch.
Telstra Banding & Classification Issues
Telstra one of the biggest offshoreres of Australian Jobs
Christmas Party & Quarterly General Meeting
AustPost EBA 9 - Campaign
Letter Writing Competition Winners 2016
Authorised Australia Post Holiday
$100 Gift Card
Honda NVC110 Fuel Pump Recall
Team Leader of the Future
New Start Melbourne Parcel Facility
Injury Support Officers
Challenging Your Super Cuts